Our Family Caring for your Family...Since 1946


 

Over the past five decades, Johnson Family Eyecare, has evolved into the state of the art optometric eyecare center in western Pennsylvaina. While never losing touch with the people who helped us get there, our patients.

.

Since then the practice has gone through several changes. The largest of which was our move to our current office at 600 Ligonier Street in Latrobe, PA. This allowed for expansion and modernization of the services rendered to our patients. Our long history in Latrobe attests to the one-on-one personal care each individual patient receives.

 

 

 

 

Dr. Robert J. Johnson, Sr., O.D. started the practice, April 1, 1946. The Derry Township Class of 1938 graduate attended Temple University and Pennsylvania State College of Optometry. After graduation in 1943 Bob Sr. served in the United States Army Medical Corp in Europe during WWII. After returning from the war, the Johnson's returned to Latrobe to start a family and their business. Over time both grew. Robert J. Johnson, Jr. graduated from Greater Latrobe High School in 1971. After receiving his Bachelor's degree in Biological Science from Bethany College in 1975, he attended Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Philadelphia, PA., graduating in 1979. He was the recipient of many student, clincial, and service honors. Bob Jr.began practicing in Latrobe May 22, 1979

2014 Johnson Family Eyecare, All rights reserverd